Who is eligible?
Athletes living or attending school in the Western Region.
What area is Western Region?
The area bounded by Lithgow, Oberon, Cowra, West Wyalong, Condobolin, Narromine, Gilgandra, Dunedoo and Kandos/Rylstone.
Athletes born 1997, 1998 and 1999 (must be attending secondary school in 2011). Up to fifteen athletes may be selected.
You must attend all development training activities and events that are conducted throughout the duration of the program. New athletes (and parents) will be required to attend an interview with the WRAS Executive Office and/or Sports Development Manager.
The program will run from November 2011 to August 2012
Athletes will be assessed on set criteria included in this information. WRAS prefers softball to be your primary sport of participation.
Benefits to athletes selected in WRAS -
- Intensive training by quality coaches
- Strength and conditioning programs, support and advice (including functional movement screening)
- Optical Screening
- Sports science testing and support
- Education/personal development sessions
- Opportunities to compete in events