Nominations for the WRAS 2019 golf squad will be open in August 2018
Who is eligible?
Previous WRAS athletes and invited athletes from the 2016 Golf Talent Identification Day who are living or attending school in the WRAS catchment
What areas are included in the WRAS catchment?
The WRAS catchment includes the following council areas: Bathurst Regional, Bland, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Dubbo Regional (including Wellington), Forbes, Gilgandra, Hilltops (including Boorowa and Young), Lachlan, Lithgow, Mid-Western Regional, Narromine, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin.
Age of Athletes
The WRAS 2019 golf program will cater for pre-elite athletes born after 1 July 2001 and attending high school in 2019
You must attend all development training activities and events that are conducted throughout the duration of the program
The program will run from November 2018 to July 2019
Athletes will be assessed on a set criteria. WRAS expects cycling to be your primary sport of participation
Benefits to athletes selected in WRAS
- Training by a professional golf coach
- Skills Development
- Development Camps (including live in camps)
- Strength and conditioning programs, support and advice (including functional movement screening)
- Optical Screening
- Sports science testing and support
- Education/personal development sessions
- Opportunities to compete in events