Nominations for the WRAS 2017/18 Tenpin squad will be invited in August 2017.
Who is eligible?
Athletes living or attending school in the Western Region
What area is Western Region?
The area bounded by Lithgow, Mudgee, Gilgandra, Narromine, Condobolin, West Wyalong, Young and Oberon
Age and Number of Athletes
The WRAS 2017/18 tenpin program will cater for pre-elite athletes turning between 13-18yrs in 2018. WRAS will also consider athletes competing in the Youth division of 18-21yrs.
You must attend all development training activities and events that are conducted throughout the duration of the program
The 2017/18 tenpin program will run from October 2017 to September 2018
Athletes will be assessed on set criteria included in this information. WRAS expects tenpin to be your primary sport of participation
Benefits to athletes selected in WRAS
- Intensive training by quality coaches
- Skill development
- Development camps (including live in camps)
- Strength and conditioning programs, support and advice (including functional movement screening)
- Optical screening
- Sports science testing and support
- Education/personal development sessions
- Opportunities to compete in events