Nominations for Para-sports scholarships will open in early August 2018
Who is eligible?
Para-sport scholarships are tailored for athletes who are aspiring to represent NSW and Australia in Para-sports
Age and Number of Athletes
There is no set limit to the number or age range of athletes in this squad. Specific criteria must be met in order to apply for a position in the squad
What area is the WRAS catchment
The WRAS catchment covers the following council areas: Bathurst Regional, Bland, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Dubbo Regional (including Wellington), Forbes, Gilgandra, Hilltops (including Boorowa and Young), Lachlan, Lithgow, Mid-Western Regional, Narromine, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin.
You must attend all development training activities and events that are conducted throughout the duration of the program
The 2019 Para-sports program will run from November 2018 to August 2019
Benefits to athletes selected in WRAS
- Intensive training by quality coaches
- Skill development
- Strength and conditioning programs, support and advice (including functional movement screening)
- Sports science testing and support
- Education/personal development sessions
- Opportunities to compete in events