The WRAS 2017 hockey squad was announced on Monday 31 October 2016
Who is eligible?
Athletes living or attending school in the Western Region. Athletes cannot be a scholarship holder in the Hockey NSW AAP for the same term.
What area is Western Region?
The area bounded by Lithgow, Mudgee, Gilgandra, Narromine, Condobolin, West Wyalong, Young and Oberon
Age and Number of Athletes
The WRAS 2017 hockey program will cater for pre-elite male and female athletes born in 2001, 2000 and 1999
You must attend all development training activities and events that are conducted throughout the duration of the program
The 2017 hockey program will run from October 2016 to September 2017
Athletes will be assessed on set criteria included in this information. WRAS expects hockey to be your primary sport of participation
Benefits to athletes selected in WRAS
- Intensive training by quality coaches
- Skill development
- Development camps (including live in camps)
- Strength and conditioning programs, support and advice (including functional movement screening)
- Optical Screening
- Sports science testing and support
- Education/personal development sessions
- Opportunities to compete in events